Keep your home looking nice. Keep pests outside and keep water from causing serious damage inside. Paint, Protect and Repair exterior home siding, bricks, etc.
What to do?
Step 1: Inspect outside and examine your siding:
– Walk around your home and look for areas where paint may be flaking, peeling, chipped.
– Check for any bubbling paint or water damage.
– Also use a ladder to check upper siding. These are the zones where touch up is needed.
Step 2: Clean those areas where you find damages:
– Take a paint scraper and remove those paints which do not adhere tightly to the siding.
– Use a wire brush to remove flakes: When you are done with scrapping, use a wire brush to remove any remaining paint flakes. If the siding still has any grime or dirt on it, use warm water and old rag to clean it.
Step 3: Buy paint which is matched with siding.
– Apply a primer layer: Before applying a primer layer, it is advisable to first read the label for the instructions.
– Touch up properly of the affected areas: Use the same paint applicator which you used to paint the home’s exterior.
– Let your paint dry fully: If you see the color is too light, you can apply a second or third layer.
Materials and Supplies needed:
– Exterior finishing paint
– Paint applicator
– Wire brush
– Paint scraper
– A ladder
– Old rag